Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Recommendation

A reading that I would recommend to a friend would be "In a Station on a Metro" by Pound. I would recommend this to my friends first off because I know that most of them don't like reading. This poem is perfect for my friends because it is super short and it has multiple meanings depending oh who reads it. It can paint many different images into the reader's mind. I would also recommend this poem because I have always thought that a person does not need a thousand words to explain his point. He just has to go to the main points. Another reading I would recommend would be "Flight Patterns". The reason is that I believe that a lot of people and not just my friends could relate to the story. It talks a lot about modern issues, which affects all of us today. The character of the story was also just a normal person. He was not anybody special and it makes the reader really understand his feeling even though the story was not really from the first person point of view. Also because I really just enjoyed reading it and I liked how the story had a serious tone to it, but also added a humorous side too.

No comments:

Post a Comment